Guest logged in.
Welcome to WRHS Class of 1966 Online Users: 7
Navigation » WRHS Class of 1966 » Your Stories » Kathy Larkey Dudding »
Current Replies for Kathy Larkey Dudding

Kathy Larkey Dudding (admin)
Posted: 9:51:19 pm on 9/30/2006 Modified: 1:15:20 pm on 10/2/2006

<font face="Verdana" size="2" color="Black"><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2> <P>Marva McDill Carnahan, my friend since childhood, is the reason why my name is not listed as a Lost Classmate. Marva has attended previous reunions and told me how much she enjoyed them. I don’t expect many people to remember me. I was painfully shy in high school. John Kelley once told me that I never looked him in the eye when we talked.  Forty years later, I am not quite as bashful and now make eye contact when talking to others. (Thanks, John!)</P> <P>During my post-WRHS life, I  <BR>-  graduated Oklahoma State University with a B.S. in English Education<BR>-  graduated Mt. Mercy College with a B.S.in Business Administration and have been married to Charles Dudding (Edison ’66 grad and OSU ’70 Electrical Engineering grad) for 36 ˝ years and<BR>-  moved with Charles for job-related reasons to the following places</P> <P>- Rantoul, Illinois and Shreveport, Louisiana (Charles’ Air Force duty<BR>- Bozeman, Montana (Charles’ graduate school <BR>- Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Charles’ employment at Rockwell-Collins Intl.)</P> <P>-  Raleigh, North Carolina (Charles’ employment at Mackey Communications)</P> <P>- Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota (Charles’ employment at Medtronic, Inc.).</P> <P><BR>We have one daughter, Andrea, born in 1977. She graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison with degrees in Bacteriology and Biochemistry. She planned to get a PhD in Bacteriology, but working in a research lab convinced her otherwise. Andrea is now a tax attorney at Winston and Strawn in Chicago.</P> <P>Although I have never taught English, my college background frequently impressed employers who were looking for an administrative assistant. In Iowa I worked for the City of Marion in the Clerk-Treasurer’s department, and my husband and I restored two circa-1915 homes in our “spare time.” In North Carolina, I was the office manager for United Cerebral Palsy of North Carolina. In Minnesota, I worked for American Guidance Service (AGS), an educational publisher of tests and textbooks for students with special needs. I quit working fulltime in 2002 and work part-time when my previous employer calls. My husband retired from fulltime work at Medtronic in 2005 and now works as a consultant.</P> <P>Charles and I live in a northern suburb of the Twin Cities, and we often talk about moving back to the Rocky Mountains. After many vacations out West, we haven’t reached a consensus on the ideal place to live. Although we moved to Minnesota for a job, it’s a beautiful place to live and is closer to Chicago and Tulsa <BR>where we often go to visit family and friends. If you remember me from Sequoyah, Cleveland, or Will Rogers’  school days, please e-mail me at <A href="mailto:kddudding@yahoo.com">kddudding@yahoo.com</A></P></FONT></FONT></font>