Guest logged in.
Welcome to WRHS Class of 1966 Online Users: 11
Navigation Ľ WRHS Class of 1966 Ľ Your Stories Ľ Ron Turner Ľ
Current Replies for Ron Turner

Ron Turner (Ron Turner)
Posted: 10:30:29 pm on 10/8/2006 Modified: Never

<font face="Verdana" size="2" color="Black"><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2><FONT face=Verdana color=black size=2> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial>Forty years is ridiculous.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Thanks for the wake up call, Iris.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN></FONT></FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial></FONT></FONT> </P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial>Letís see, life since 1966 in a paragraph.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I got a journalism degree from OU, despite the fact Mike Madison and I roomed together all four years and fully enjoyed the college ďexperience.Ē <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Many days I sit around the house watching TVÖ.and getting paid for it.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Iím a news consultant.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>The downside is that when Iím not doing that Iím traveling to TV stations all over the country, and beyond.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Working in Greece and Canada right now. Iíve been doing that work for the last 15 years or so, after working in TV newsrooms in Wichita Falls, Oklahoma City, and St. Louis.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Iíve also done some sports related TV work over the years.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I shot and co-produced the Barry Switzer Show during the glory years of the Ď70s and Ď80s.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>More fun than work. My wife, Judy, and I have been married 36 years.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>We have two boys.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Adam is a cop in Houston. Ryan works for Cardinal Health in Dallas.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>We have one grandson, Garrett.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I call him the prince because we treat him like one.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Isnít that what grandparents do?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>He calls me ďChief.Ē Just what Iíve always wanted to be.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Maybe heíll keep me young, or is it too late for that?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </SPAN></FONT></FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Arial size=3></FONT> </P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Arial size=3>I donít stay connected very well.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Never really have.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Iíve lost track of so many people.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Itís not like I donít think a lot about many of you and the great times we had.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>What a terrific time and place to grow up.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Iíve missed all the reunions except 1986. Iím still unsure if Iíll get to this one, but I would enjoy hearing from any of you who would like to get in touch.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Iím at </FONT><A href="mailto:newsdoc70@yahoo.com"><FONT face=Arial size=3>newsdoc70@yahoo.com</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=3>.</FONT></P></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></font>